Monday, July 20, 2009

C'mon, bring it on....

C,mon y'all, take up the queen challenge, I dare you. Don't think you have to be really arty, I just want to see what you all come up with. I'll try and do some more simpler one.s for you over the next day or two. Cool prizes at stake.....

Altered the appointment with the Bank Manager till next week. He said he was expecting my call... Forgot that he reads the blog, lmao.... Sorry about that and I am working on the figures as I,m typing, honest..( it's really hard to type when you have the fingers of both hands crossed ) .

Now you know we have been putting all our ditsy Blonde Moments down to our age..?? Well what excuse does the Goddess have..???

She rang up to book her car in for an MOT today. She dropped it at the garage, I picked her up and brought her back to work. She rang up later in the day to see if it was ready, only to be told they were still waiting for her to arrive with it. She couldn't understand it and was insistent she had dropped it off and left the keys. Turns out she had booked it in at one garage and taken it to a completely different one who weren't expecting it at all..!!!! She had to ring the first garage back and apologise for not turning up and then ring the other garage to explain why some random woman had left them with a car and no name or contact details...!!!! Ha ha I think it is hilarious as they aren't even near each other. She,ll have a red face tomorrow when she goes to pick it up, I bet...

In the meantime I am doing all the running around so had to give the girlies a lift home. They decided to come to mine and cook tea. Yayy, they are like little mother hens. It was lovely being just girlies together and we had a nice big group cuddle. Love them to death.

Ben's last day tomorrow before he heads off for Egypt. Things could be a bit erratic at our place over the next month as one or the other of us vacate the country for foreign adventures. This means that because we are not fully staffed we will not always be around. If you are going to be travelling any distance it would be advisable to ring and check that we are there. \Would hate it if you missed us.

Ok really busy day tomorrow. Fabby packed Beeswax class during the day. Last Tues kids for the summer, and then my regular Tuesday ladies at night. Oh and a breakfast meeting at 8.30 am over in Leeds the following morning.. Must remember to put my Superwoman knickers on over my jeans before I set off...

Will be lap top less from tomorrow. The charger has stopped charging. To me it is a simple case of , its not working, here's a new one.. Oh no, its we will have to send it off so head office can confirm its not working, and your lap top has to go with it. Yes we know that there is nothing wrong with the lap top , but dem's da rules...!!! Don't worry , you will be reunited with it within 14 - 28 days.. WTF..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How fricking unbelievable is that...???? Just give me another charger for frikks sake... Anyway , I cannot go cold turkey, so its all backed up on my hard drive and I am nicking (sorry borrowing) our Tom,s. It will be nice to see which letters I am actually typing because they've all worn off on mine, lol. Whenever anyone borrows it they cant work it out. Luckily as a youngster I took all my RSA typing exams and can touch type quite well. And of course there is always the old faithful spell checker for if any untimely rudies slip through the net, lol.

Hey just realised this is a post without the usal 15 - 25 photos, in fact there isn't one photo on here at all. Simples...

Enjoy xx

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I bought a Queen's collage set. But what do I do now!!! Yikes
I went for the one with the shopping queen and glamor queen as they appealed to me. I would like to make something with them - just don't know what LOL

thekathrynwheel said...

Hee hee I once was on the verge of phoning the police to report that my car had been stolen when I realised I was looking in the wrong car park ha ha ha ha!

Muckypup said...

I once had a stand up row with someone about being late for an appointment and when I got back to the office and checked my diary I was 24 hours early! Oops, and I had to face them the next day!

P.S I have got my Queen sheet, painted my background and think I know where I am going with it - will mail you the results before I go on holiday on Friday.

Unknown said...

I have bought the collage sheets and now have to play. Will try tomorrow. Emma xx

Fiona Duthie said...

Just bought the collage sheet - waiting for it to be emailed to me.

Sharon said...

Fiona, didn't take me long to persuade you to join in too LOL

Fiona Duthie said...

Here is my effort.
http://princessfiona-scrap-pics.blogspot.com/2009/07/lisas-altered-art.html

I will try and take better pics in daylight.

Sharon said...

Hi Dyan
My efforts for the Queen's Challenge are on my blog here:
http://my-little-pad.blogspot.com/2009/07/queens-challenge.html

Really enjoyed this challenge as it made me think(!!)and create something away from my normal style.

Thanks for setting it.

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott