Monday, May 4, 2009

Catch up

Just got back this morning from a fabby weekend away. I know I am late with the blogging of Friday and Saturdays classes but we had no internet and I was otherwise engaged!! LOL!!! Anyway, better late than never!! Friday's workshop was using the new alcohol inks. Ranger have released 12 new lght colours and 12 new bright colours to co-ordinate with 12 of the existing earthtones. We were having a panic because although I had plenty of the new colours ro use in the workshop we still hadnt recieved our delivery. Then yayy!!! it appeared at lunch. You have never seen people move so fast. Before we knew it half the stock had gone. If you want to get yours hot foot it over HERE now.

The first project was this stunning wall hanging. I was very privileged to be able to teach this, as it is the class that Tim taught at CHA. Cool isnt it. It shows off how to use the coordinating colours of the alcohol inks.



It was a hectic class but I was my usual proffesional self, lmao.



Heres some of the class hard at it. From L to R Sara, Janet, Pat and Ann

And Janet, Joyce, Clare and Jenny.

Heres the cards we made.




And some close ups




Saturday was Tags the Tim Holtz way. Two of my faves were on the workshop. Heres there feet. Think I need this pair!!!


Too strappy for me would catch my bunions, lol. Love the colour

Yes its the lovely mum and daughter, Jean and Suzy.

They never fail to turn up bearing gifts, and although it is not expected it is always so thoughtful. These tulips are gorgeous.

And they also brought me a fabby pink make up bag, full of Clarins and Lancome samples. Woop woop. I was really good and gave loads to my girlies, because on the wages I pay they can only dream of such things lol.

Heres some close ups of todays tags


Heres some of the finished samples

and more.


This is the state of just my desk at the end of the day

So you can imagine what the rest of the studio looked like cant you??? It took me and Em's ages to clear up, lol.

I,ve got beginners journals tomorrow, we are doing the technique covers. And on Wednesday we have the black and white tab book. It is a wooden book using the Black Market Paper Society papers and is decorated with Blonde Moments and Tims collages. We still have just a couple of places left I think. You can book HERE.


Enjoy xx

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you had a good weekend:-) !!!
Wow the classes you run look like such fun, great finished work.
And the messy tables at the end look BLISSFUL!!!!!!!!
I really need to get my hands Inky soon, am having withdrawel symptoms.
Just have to make a bottle for the baby then get the dinner ready.....
Might have a little play then.lol
Hugs,
Michelle xx

angie's blogspot said...

I thought of you today, twice in fact, I was in afflecks palace in manchester and saw a bag looked retro, it hag northern soula keep the faith on it, then some amazing shoes, in all colours and shapes, but didn't have my camera, next time I'll take it and grab some pics for ya. x

susie f said...

Yeah...no sock marks (wearing them is definately the way forward!).
Glad you had a good weekend, not that it was in any doubt :)
Didn't buy any shoes on the way home but some jumped into my hands today, high, purple, strappy, very me...I'll try and send pics!
TTFN, see you on the 26th if not before
xxx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott