Monday, February 28, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things....

I just wanted to show you a few things that are making me say "be still my beating heart"...

First one of my faves the wonderful Orla Kiely, with some of her latest designs.

And although I'm not a girly girl, the Oscars had a few beauties... Helena Bonham Carter (always my lady crush) wore a black corset dress by costume designer Colleen Atwood, who went on to win Best Costume Design for Alice in Wonderland; telling reporters, "[I] thought it would be nice to celebrate film rather than fashion"



Helen Mirren flew the British flag by wearing Vivienne Westwood

As did Anne Hathaway

 I downloaded a fabby free e book from the fabby people over at  http://www.clothpaperscissors.com/  which has some cool techniques for Art Journallers.

The Ranger blog
http://blog.rangerink.com/blog/2011/02/video-dyans-perfect-pearls-technique/comments/page/2/#comments


Has featured my frame from the Designer Challenge, and my demo video from CHA2010, and I am bowled over by the lovely comments people have left. Thankyou. xx


Over at Elsies blog she has been showcasing the new dresses available on her website. Each dress has been photographed with three different looks and this one is just soooooooo me. I would definitely wear this with the baggy cardi, and I have spent months trying to track down some vintage Dr Martens in leopard. Mind you I think the headband is over the top even for me, lol.


Love this picture of my old pal Jane as she discovers her article in the latest issue of Somerset Studio Digital


When I lose all my unwanted weight I just might treat myself to this beauty from Vivienne of Holloway


From Schuh these Irregular Choice shoes really float my boat, loving the bow at the back.



This quote

"Because you're fat and hes thin and you're both f**king ugly".......

Oh yes The Full Monty is on TV, so I am making an exception and watching it again even though I know it word for word....

And I will leave you with this You tube clip which quite frankly is frikkin hilarious. He's my kind of babe....


Enjoy xx

7 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

Great picks...love Helen Mirren & the black & red sheath...ooo la la!

Linda M. Cain said...

Love Helen Mirren always, but Helena was drop dead GORGEOUS!!

All stunning.

Linda

lisa_crofts said...

Great selection does your digital pal have a website. I have just started going digital and bought this mag the other day and love everything in it especially this layout.

olive said...

hate to say it, i had a pair of Doc Martens in leopard!!!!! to go with a coat. I adore the shoes too..... drool. Seen some IC shoes in a sale, but no money... boooooo. keep well. hugs xxx

olive said...

ps... its the satin shorts that do it for me!!!! lol xxx

Siobhan Brignull said...

doesnt Helen just look fab in everything she wears, and you should buy the dress you would look fab in it, as we are a long time dead but skinny LOL, appreciate what youve got today. mwah x

Chris said...

Bwahhhahhhhahhhhahhhhha spit splutter, sob,howl,aaaahahahahah I've not seen anything sooooo funny in many a year Di... I couldn't resist the video before I left my comment and I can't believe anyone could be brave enough to do that.... I will be going to bed dreaming that dance. Almost peed my pants!!!!
hugs
Chris xx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott