Friday, February 4, 2011

spreading the love...

Ooooh another post today. It's the jet lag. Don't know why but I always suffer really badly and get do out of sync with everything. Those coming to class tomorrow I do promise not to snore too loudly, lol. Talking of workshops, they seem to be going mad at the moment and really filling up and out, which is great. If you are free on Tuesday we have a few spaces in one of my favourite workshops, beeswax tags. Take a look at this.



And here's the description

Tues 8th Feb - Tin of Beeswax Tags - 10-3pm

The smell of melting beeswax gently calms and relaxes you as well as adding a highly professional touch to your work. We will be having fun making 12 inky, stampy collaged tags, using stamps from Stampotique (Janet Klein collection), Tim Holtz and Dylusions. After finishing them with beeswax we will store them in the co-ordinating tin you will have prepared.
Our Price: £30.00

and here's where you can BOOK

Whilst in LA I caught up with friends old and new and I thought I would spread a little Blog Love for you.

Starting with Davielle  aka Pink Magpie...A gorgeous gorgeous lady I met for the first time and we instantly clicked. She does a lot with the wonderful Suzi Blu and so therefore could recognise instantly how completely normal I am ????? I,m trying to get her to come over here to my workshops, lol.

Aida is such a sweet lady all the way from Singapore. She came with 6 of the design team for a mahoosive store called Made with Love. Now she really is going to try and get all the way to mine. How cool would that be?

Nathalie a fellow European who I am amazed we haven't crossed paths before. sure we will loads in the future though!

Alisa has always been one of my hero's in the mixed media world. And I finally plucked up courage to say hello, and she is just as lovely as I thought she would be.

Sherry Now what can I say about Sherry..?? Well she's a completely barking Australian who is so funny. She is definitely on my to keep list.

Kerry lynn founder of Kenner road and good friend of Dina.

Dina my darling darling Phoenix Babe. didn't spend nearly enough time together, but we will be in the future. As well as coming back to teach for me, look out for some online collaboration between the pair of us.!!

Tammy Well seeing as her Mum is now officially my Adopted Mother she is obviously my la la land step sister lol. Her attention to detail is amazing, fabby work for Tim displayed on the Idea-ology booth.

Suze had me in stitches at the show. She discovered what it is like to take a make and take.! Well I have never seen anyone soooooo excited at the prospect. She just couldn't contain her excitement and I nearly peed my pants watching her. I think her new calling may be as a professional make and taker.!!

And finally the adorable Shirley my Adopted American Mommatron. What can I say. ? If ever I doubt myself she is there with so many encouraging words. always calm to my manicness, always, always a darling. I love her to death. Mwah xx

I hope you pay them all a visit and enjoy what you see. If you do,  leave them a comment and tell them I sent you, lol.

I' going to jump in the bath now and hope it knocks me out for the night. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy xx

9 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

Oooo! The Dina/Dyan collaboration sounds exciting.

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Wow Dyan ..... thank you for the mention ! Perhaps I'll get to Leeds one day and actually sit in one of your workshops. Or who knows, you might get to Singapore first ? We've got great food, an Art renaissance of sorts and Bali is just a skip/hop away. Thank you too for the inspiration, you make art journaling look so beautifully effortless. Will take to heart your tip to relax and enjoy the process :)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Lovely to meet up with old friends and make new ones Dyan. Hope you slept well after your bath.
Anne xx

Candy C said...

Hello Dylan. Love your blog and love your adopted American Mum...Shirley. She and I are pals. You are right, she always has an encouraging word for everyone...quite a lovely woman, she is! :)

Tammy Tutterow said...

I couldn't wish for a better step-sister! Love you bunches!

Unknown said...

This looks like fun! I'm fairly new to beeswax, but I love it. Any excuse to try something new is wellcome!

Angela Weimer said...

Glad you are home safely. The tues class looks great. Wish I did not have driving and work. Will have to check out the blogs. Have a great weekend. Angela.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I seriously cannot believe we haven't crossed path so far...makes me think I'm really living in my own lala-land. Gotta get out there more often to meet amazing peeps like you. You are definetly a keeper :) I'm stalking you now- LOL. Huge hugs!

Dina said...

All I have to say is, "Look out world, The Double D's are coming"! Woo hoo! Love ya mucho, mucho, mucho, mucho, mucho. Mucho.

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott