Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shimmer samples

Oooh an early post!!! Organisation or what!!! Don't panic it will not last!!! Just wanted to talk a little bit about the Stamp Magic show at the Doncaster Dome last Sunday. Many of the visitors panicked , thinking I wasn't there, but I just wasn't in my usual spot. I had originally thought it would be too much for us to do at the moment so cancelled my stand. But it is always a lovely show to do and is not to far away from Harrogate to do some PR for the studio, so at the last minute Paula managed to squeeze me back in. And squeeze it was!! From a 12mtr stand to a 3mtr stand. It was extremely cosy lol. You couldn't fit me, The Goddess , and the Resident bit of Glamour on the stand at the same time as the customers. The Goddess appeared to be operating a one in, one out system. No ,only joking but it was certainly different from usual !!!!
I had great fun as I got to do the thing I love best, demonstrating and chatting. I love showing people how to do things and watching their expressions when they realise how simple it really is. Every things easy once you know how!! I was of course demonstrating with my favourite - Blonde Moments Pearl Pigments. Dry, wet , sprayed you name it I did it. Plus lots of Ultra Thick embossing (ooh I can feel a Ultra Thick tag tutorial coming on!!) The following are some of the samples that I made at the show, using the same method as the last tutorial and similar colours.

This time for my mask I used the Twiddleybitz Christmas tree. Gorgeous isn't it?? A combination of Blonde Moments Pearl Pigments, Ranger Distress ink and water, mixed in a mini mister were sprayed over the tree.



Then I stamped around the edges with the fern and holly stamp(Just Plain Xmas) in black Archival ink.


Finally added gorgeous ribbons and embellishments made from Blonde Moments Ultra Thick embossing powders. (Festive Candy and Savoury Tropic)





The tree can be used over and over, and at the end is beautifully shimmery and stylish enough to use in its own right.





Here are some more tags










Some Ultra Thick embellishments. the bauble stamp (boisterous baubles) is coloured in with the pearl pigments and a scribble of Stardust stickles.


And a couple of ATC.s made with left over bits.


Shoe Watch - Have you noticed on the above samples its the little details that make them so special, and its the same with these boots.
Lots of zips and popper fastenings




And just check out those cool soles!!! They make fabby imprints in the snow. lol


5 comments:

Veronica said...

Hahahaha I LOVE the boots!!
Some great tags there - love the colours, and like the idea of mixing in a mini mister - will have to try that

Hugs

Vron xx

Bobs said...

Gorgeous tags!!! Thanks for the lovely examples!

Glad you had good time at the show - even though you were squeezed in to such a small space!Are you coming to the Glasgow show next year? :)

Love the boots!!

xx

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

fab tips!!!!!!!
love the tree, got one off you last week!

cant wait for the weekend!!!!!
sooooooooooooooooo excited

Lisa T

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

got it now, think I now have the hang of it.....

I love the fern looking stamp, I need to check my stash and if I have not got it then.....think its a must!!
want to get in to alcohol inks I think I am missing out. I have some in stock of course,
(surprise surprise)
The girls love the trees they made, I have been moving furniture to get the craft room finished and it is looking really good.

See you soon, so sorry I cant do your amazing class on sat I would love it, would love a video ,tutorial!!!
See you soon


Lisa T
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Machin Stamps said...

Cool boots!

Even cooler soles, have you considered inking them up and stamping them? I would....

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott