Friday, November 14, 2008

Others stunning work!!

Sorry I didn't post last night, ran out of time. Too busy moving furniture, from work to mine, from mine to the girlie's, from the girlie's to mine. It was a bit like a carry on film. Still you know what they say "a change is as good as a rest"!!!

Just wanted to let you know about one of my students Kate. She is really into altering and messy painty things. If you saw the stunning Atc,s I featured a couple of weeks ago then you will already know her work. Well she has finally got her own blog www.thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com
and you really need to check it out. She has altered one of the little hearts that we send out with our mail order. It is really fabby. I think this is going to be one blog to keep an eye on!!

Guess what appeared in the post yesterday? Yes the first of the Art Journals that are travelling the world. This one is from Julia Rose . She is all the way over in Australia, so it had a long way to travel. n It arrived beautifully wrapped in rose printed fabric. She has a big thing about roses lol.



Her journal is a real contrast to my style. It is really girly and pretty. I was a bit worried about putting my work into it, because it is soooo different, but decided that's what it,s all about isn't it?? Here's some close ups of some of the pages.









Today also sees the return of the popular FREEBIE FRIDAY. I will post news of it later on today when I receive the go-ahead from the Unbribeable one. I, ll give you a clue tho, it wont be too late as I have a date this evening and need to make myself look gorgeous. Oooooohhh!!!!! lol

6 comments:

Veronica said...

That journal is gorgeous!! I am not really into pretty and cutsie, but that is beautiful.

Hugs

Vron xx

Mary said...

Can't wait to hear about date!!!! It was really nice to see my name mentioned. You are inspirational with a wonderful outlook on life. The classes give me a real lift. Your work will be a breath of fresh air to the journals and I am sure others will love it. Thanks once again for all your help and energy.

Mary said...

Can't wait to hear about date!!!! It was really nice to see my name mentioned. You are inspirational with a wonderful outlook on life. The classes give me a real lift. Your work will be a breath of fresh air to the journals and I am sure others will love it. Thanks once again for all your help and energy.

thekathrynwheel said...

These journal pics are making me desperate to start my own journal. Wonderful inspiration. I love the idea of SHARING the artwork :-)

juliaD said...

Hi Dyan,
Thanks for showing my journal on your site...yes I love roses, and pretty...and am not afraid to show it (obviously)...LOL...don't care if it's not everyone's cuppa...it's something I only started last year...so I am only just discovering what I really like...I have an idea about mandalas at the moment I am working on.
I hope you enjoy adding to my journal...I can't wait to see what you do...xx

Marie R said...

I love the journal it just looks so different. Must get Deborah to have a look, well you know her and pink!

Oooo date sounds interesting!!!! Enjoy!

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott