Thursday, November 6, 2008

Art Circle Journal ready to go!!

Well its finally finished!!! YEYY!! I am taking part in an art journal circle with women from all over the world. For those who don't know, a circle journal starts with one person and passes around with others adding their own personal art to it .. It eventually makes its way back to the originator oozing talent and creative ability. All journals are sent off at approximately the same time and we are given up to 3 weeks to work in them. It can be really daunting working in someone Else's journal but you just have to bite the bullet and go for it. You also have to keep to your own personal style so that the journals owner ends up with a little bit of you.

My journal was made from scratch with removable pages for ease of decorating. It is held together with large book rings to account for expansion as every ones work is added.




The front cover was decorated with my trademark paints and old book pages. I shimmered a large tag and spelt out the word JOURNAL with grunge board letters (inked and glossy accented). Finishing touches were a 7gypsies handle , rub ons and doodling.




Always love to add the quirky personal touches.




Inside cover was painted and doodled with the address in case it gets lost in its worldwide travels.




I always like to create a sign in page where each individual can decorate a tag, telling me a little bit about themselves and their work. I crated individual pockets which were then stitched together.





My journal pages were painted and stamped with heart stamps in a co-ordinating colour. I added torn black and white photos and white velvet rub ons. The flowers and butterfly are inked grunge board, that I then doodled.














The inside back cover has a 7gypsies tag attached with gaffer tape and lots of doodling.






The back cover is completely covered in my fave 7gypsies rub-ons.






So there it is ready to begin its journey around the world, first step America.!!!

10 comments:

Bobs said...

I love your journal!

I also love doing CJ's!
I'm in the middle of a year-long one, which is actually my third of this type! It's always so thrilling when your own one comes back home and you can see everyone's work in it.

xx

Anne Jagger said...

Looks gorgeous Dyan.

Sharon said...

WOW, I LOVE it!!

Veronica said...

OOOOhhhhh I love this - its fantastic - I have just finished 2 stamp cj's - I love doing them, it's all so exzciting.

Hugs

Vron xx

Marie R said...

Dyan this is gorgeous, makes me feel inspired! Wading through making Christmas presents and cards at the moment, so any inspiration is welcome, which reminds me I must go onto your gallery!

I hope we will all get to see the journal when it finally returns full of gorgeousness! XX

Sandra said...

Wow Dyan, I really LOVE your journal!!!

Yoli Manzo & Sharon Boatwright said...

Girrrrrrrl, your journal is off the hook! (slang for awesome) hee.

I can't wait to sink my ink stained paws on it.

Saludos,
Yoli

Annette said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Fabby - love it

Eveline said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see it up close in person when I have the honour to do some pages in your book.

flutterbycrafter said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous, love it.

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott