Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Old friends

Great day today. Its half-term which means kids craft day. Today we were making and decorating the wooden Christmas tree. The kids ranging from age 6 to 14, first painted the tree and covered it in wrapping papers. We then stamped sheets of Christmas images and water coloured them in. These were attached to the tree with buttons to embellish. Every ones tree looked fabulous and will be a definite talking point over the Christmas period for years to come. Here are some of them . All camera shy today!!



One of my bezzie mates came over from Manchester with her 2 gorgeous kids and 2 friends. It was absolutely ace to see as we are sooooo busy these days that it is hard to make the time. Jayne (or Lisa Tarbuck as we affectionately (oh ok pisstakingly) call her) is hilarious and always makes me laugh. Tena ladies are always required when she comes to stay. When Jayne , Kirsty (Wiseman) and I get together to play and create we end up getting nothing at all done, but we have fabulous stomach muscles from all that laughing till we cry!!!


What lemon drops??





Uurgh did she just kiss me???




I promised that I would show you some more samples of shimmer pearl tags, and here they are. Don't forget that I am going to be doing a step by step tutorial on this tomorrow. I haven't even started it yet so it will be fresh as they come. I hope you will join me in making it. As usual if you would like to leave a comment , there will be a prize draw with goodies for the winner. Not sure what the goodies will be yet, as I have forgotten to mention it to Ben. (Ill wait till hes in a really good mood,dont worry).










This weekend is a paper craft show at the Doncaster Dome, organized by the lovely Paula . Do try to get there as it is a fab little one day show. Our stand is strictly girlies. I will be joined by The Goddess and the Resident bit of Glamour. It will be lovely to see you all and if you read this blog please come and say hello. Maybe you are of of my blog followers!! It is great to see that people are interested enough in what you are doing to follow it. It is greatly appreciated and if there is anything you would like to see me write about then please let me know. I cant remember the times of the show ( I do know we have to leave home at 4.50 am YES 4.30am, so we can set up)but I will check it out and post an announcement tomorrow.

As I am writing this I have just knocked a full can of dandelion and burdock (ooh my fave!!) off the bedside table and it has landed upside down ( of course ) into my handbag. I managed to grab it but not before it had emptied all its contents.Lovely what a soggy mess. Luckily I managed to save the Flip before it got drowned and everything else is drying off as we speak. Hope it doesn't all turn into a sticky mess by morning!!

6 comments:

Bobs said...

I love the shot of the littlies hiding behind their trees! Such fun!

Still loving those backgrounds and can't wait for the tutorial.

Enjoy the show! Wiosh I could be there!

xx

angie's blogspot said...

love the tags, need to get my pearls out and have a play, I bought them from you at the Reebok, can't find me bliddy perfect medium so will have to go and buy a new one, lol. The piccy's are ace your friend looks lovely!

JANE KNOWN AS LIZA T said...

so fab to see you, sorry that your camera is broken and made me look really fat on the photo.....

The girls loved it!!

The older girls slept until lunchtime the next day, mine did not dissapoint, they were up at 7am....

Had the green light for the weekend!!!.....just waiting to drop-in about next Sat....

Tks soooooooooo mcu for the goodies

Mis ya
Liza T
XXXX

Dylan said...

OOOHHH I am soooooo excited that you are sneaking in a weekend. I wonder how much sleeping that will entail ha???

Anne Marie said...

I just love all your tags. They are so pretty, can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenni said...

These tags are just fabulous, I'm dying to go and have a play now. I really need to get some new materials so have to head off to the shops first!

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott