Friday, March 13, 2009

Here we go again - pass the hanky!!

Well the countdown has begun. Only one more sleep until the start of The Mini Ranger techniques weekend. This class sold out ages ago but don't worry I have promised to put in another one May/June time. The time prepping a class like this is unbelievable. Big thanks to Janet for cutting all 1150 tags required.!! Look how tidy the tables look. This is the calm before the storm...!! lol

Techniques workshops are my speciality and favourite to teach. OK you don't go home with lots of pretty things, but you do go home with a wealth of knowledge and a tag book filled with inspiration. Cool techniques , great company, fed till you burst, what more could you want...?? some of the equipment for the first workshop.

I,ll take lots of piccies and be reporting back over the weekend for you.
Here's another Art Journal page for you. Its all about the many "labels we find our self landed with. The paints are Adirondack Dabbers , the background stamps are Tim's and the character stamps are Invoke Arts. The labels are how other people define you and are not a true reflection of the inner you, who seems to get lost amongst it all. Therefore the character does not have my face, just my labels.



You,ll notice that the label "daughter " is missing. After being a daughter for 46 yrs I can't wear it anymore. You can't be a daughter when you have no parents, can you..?? The label might not be mine to wear on the outside but is forever etched inside my heart. I just wish I had worn it with a lot more pride when I was able. Once again I am writing this with tears streaming down my face. I have got Il Divo on full blast and the song Mama has just been on.
Mama thank you for who I am
Thank you for all the things I,m not
Forgive me for the words unsaid
And for the times I forgot.
Mama remember all my life
You showed me love, you've sacrificed.
Think of those young and early days
How I've changed along the way.
And I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I,m sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
And I miss you , yes I miss you.
Mama forgive the times you cried
Forgive me for not making right
All of the storms I may have caused
And I've been wrong, dry your eyes, dry your eyes.
Because I know you believed and I know you had dreams
And I,m sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
And I miss you, yes I miss you.
Mama I hope this makes you smile
I hope you're happy with my life
At peace with every choice I make
How I've changed along the way.
Cause I know you believed in all of my dreams
And I owe it all to you
Mama.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

flamin nora...chuck me a hankie too....i was mums carer for the past five long years of her pain and her suffering...and i was proud to be her daughter..her carer her best friend and she was my world everything i did evolved around my mum....and its like you said i am not a daughter any more.....but i will always be the person that loved her more than life itself....sending you a cyber hug..be gentle on yourself.sweetie..........
lvs from a scricking sassyxxx xxxx

Unknown said...

Wow. I lost my Mum 3 years ago, and I still miss her so much every single day. Take care I know how you are feeling. That song was so moving.
Sue x

Ann said...

Hope your workshop goes really well - I'm sure it will even tho' there maybe some extra teardrops on the project. I still consider I'm a daughter - now an orphan too. See the definition; Daughter \Daugh"ter\, n.; pl. Daughters; obs. pl. Daughtren.

1. The female offspring of the human species; a female child of any age; -- applied also to the lower animals.

2. A female descendant; a woman.

3. A term of address indicating parental interest.

Daughter, be of good comfort. --Matt. ix. 22.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Derbyshire Ann xx

Craftylass said...

Thurs 5th March I had the fantastic experience of seeing Il Divo in concert at Sheffield arena, when they sang Mama I don't think there were many dry eyes in the house. 6 years ago I was where you are now Dyan,and a friend sent me a card with the following words:-"WHEN YOU REMEMBER ALL THE REASONS WHY YOU LOVER HER, SHE WILL NEVER TRULY LEAVE YOUR HEART"
In time I learnt to appreciate all the wonderful memories, I had the absolute privilege to be part of with my wonderful Mum, without tears, hope it isn't too long before you can also.
Love Val.W

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott