Monday, February 2, 2009

Lets hear it for the Girl!!

I have just come back from a fabulous concert at the International Centre in Harrogate. For Christmas my girlies bought me Sharleen Spiteri tickets. I loved her when she was in Texas and I love her even more now. I have been waiting for this day for nearly 3 mths and so was gutted when it started snowing even heavier than before. Panic stations kicked in, was it going to be cancelled, how were we gonna get there, how were we gonna get back??? My fella lives miles away so there was no way he was going to make it over, so The Resident Bit of Glamour was my lovely companion for the evening. We set out in the car but driving conditions were really bad, so we gave in turned around and ordered a taxi. Changing into flat boots and thick coats in case we had to walk home afterwards lol.

The snow had really mucked up a lot of peoples plans and the centre was half empty. The support were a Scottish group called Kizzy Star, who is fronted by, would you believe, Texas's own Tony McGovern. How cool is that. They were brill , he sings lead and has an ace voice. They reminded me a little bit of The Killers ( another fave group of mine).

Sharleen herself was full of cold but gave a fantastic performance, and had the audience on their feet clapping and dancing for most of the evening. She sang a mix of Texas songs (with Halo being my personal fave), her new album , Melody, and also threw in a few curve balls , These Boots Were Made For Walking and a fantastic version of River Deep Mountain High. Her voice is absolutely amazing and she also proved she has a cracking sense of humour. After 2 encores the concert finally ended at 10. 30pm.

We trudged to the nearest taxi rank and after waiting hours and hours, actually it was only 20 Min's but felt longer. As the taxi got nearer to my house we saw a strange sight. Completely blocking the road was a line of snowmen, about 8 in total. I know it must have driven motorists mad on such an awful night but it really made me smile. Wheres the camera when you need it ??

2 comments:

angie's blogspot said...

aww glad you made it, I used to love texas, not really heard her solo stuff, lmao at the thought of 8 snowmen in the road! x

Traceyr said...

Glad you had a brilliant time. Can you go back this morning and photograph those spesky snowmen? lol

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott