Friday, November 12, 2010

Why..?

Why do I Art Journal...??? I get asked this a lot. I journal because I love it, it is my passion, it is my therapy, it is my release. I journal when I am happy, I journal when I am sad, I journal when I am angry. I journal the good things, I journal the bad things, and I journal the really frikkin shitty things. I journal whats in my head at the time, and, like life, I journal with no regrets, whats done is done and we can only learn from it and move on. My journals are helping me to understand who I am and how I have become this person. They are charting not only my thoughts but my journey along this path. I very rarely go back to read my pages, but I do love to look at them and see how I have evolved and progressed. My style has altered so much over the years but they are still very much "me".!! I can look at each page and remember exactly where I was when I journaled it.

Although my journals have become "public display", I still feel free to write whatever I want in them. If there is something I don't wish you to read (all you double clickers out there.!!, lol), then I will usually make it extremely hard for you to do so.

 I love the fact that my journal, laughs with me, but never at me. Cries with me but never makes me cry. Accepts my faults without critising me. Allows me to vent my anger, my frustration, my inadequecies, without judging me or making me feel small. It does not try to offer solutions to problems, just an ear. My journal is my partner along this wierd and wonderful journey we are all taking, and is beside me every step of the way.

My journals are very colourful and tactile and extremely real. They are raw and honest and people are drawn to them and fascinated by the stories behind them. There is no right or wrong to art journaling, I just make it up as I go along, lol, My style is my style, your style is yours.!!   There is no point copying, because it needs to come from the heart. Art is a very personal topic, and thats why I love it so much. Anyway there endeth the sermon for today, lmao. Heres 2 more pages from the ledger journal

Paints - Dylusions, Teal, blue, black
Mica Pearl spray inks - Dylusions, sky blue pearl
white pen - Ranger
images from magazines



 Paint - Dylusions, white
Spray inks - |Dylusions, Peridot, Jade, Pomegranate, Lime, velvet
Stamps - Dylusions, Love Struck Lucy, Tallulah Tripp, Around the Edge
acetate - 7gypsies
Images - magazines



Enjoy xx

9 comments:

Janice said...

Makes me want to get my journal out.....

Donna Arkle (DizzyDee) said...

Dy thanks so much for the class on friday it was creative, throught provoking, and therapeutic all rolled up into messy inking lovely journal pages!!! I think i am now after my second class officially addicted. Thanks for you 'sermon' on why you journally, your love and passion for it shows in all your work. Thank you for sharing it with us xx

Miss Marple said...

Your journal pages are sooo inspriring and if I didn't had to work today I knew what I would be doing on this sunday...Really, I love your work! - Irma

Diane said...

What a perfect explanation, Dyan,not just of art journaling but why everyone should use the therapy that setting your thoughts on paper provides.
Diane x

An Zeelmaekers said...

great work...

Virginia said...

More gorgeous images again Dyan - love them all as always!

Angela Weimer said...

Love your pages. You have such a style of your own and such a creative mind. Angela

Rhayne said...

wow, that third paragraph really hit the nail on the head for me. You are braver than I in showing your journal pages but I think they hold that same unjudging role for many :o) Thanks, as always, for sharing pieces of you. You are an inspiration!

Highland Monkey's said...

That cake looks lovely. The journal pages are really different from others I've seen.

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott