Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This way, thataway...!!!

It's half term next week and so the kids have been really busy finishing off their projects, ready to start new projects next term. Heres some of them. Their projects are real cool, aren't they..?? And how proud do the kids look..???



I love this tag that Georgina made, and handpainted her vines on.


For once they were quiet as the concentration took over, lol.






Now, are you ready for a right laugh..?? I started a page in the next Art Journal in the circle journal challenge. I did all the inking, spraying and masking. Doodled the border and stuck a few images on. When I got home after the evening class I decided to continue with it. That was when I discovered that the book had been upside down...!! Wtf..??? lmao. So what do you do, Panic, cry , have a melt down..??? No, you pretend that it is what you intended all along, lol. So I made it into a reversible page...Ta daaaaaaaaah...!!!

This way....


That way...


Ha ha , hows that then..?? I love it. What do you think...???





It pays to look at things from a different angle sometimes.

Enjoy xx

13 comments:

Kirsti said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS TOOOOOOO!!!!!

flutterbycrafter said...

Love it, what a fantastic idea. Well, as for those vines,which are the bane of my life, how's that for talent, they are supercalifragalisticexpialidosous, or however you spell it. What a fantastic job she's made of it.

cockney blonde said...

Brilliant work by the kiddies.
Love the journal pages, made me laugh but then you're good at that, lol, x

patcrafts said...

Love it upside down or not. The kids stuff is awsome I still can't draw those B vines so she gets 100% from me.
P xx

Darcy Marshall said...

love the this way that way page, maybe you should do a whole book with upside down bits on every page.

Paper Paradise said...

INGENIOUS!!!! I expect most of us would have panicked, but you made it work! x

Virginia said...

Loving all that art work how talented are they - love the hand painted vines - beautiful and your journal is completely and utterly genius! I tell you I love it all!

Diane said...

Those kids do such amazing work - must be something to do with the teacher who has brilliant ideas like turning a potential disaster into something innovative!! Brilliant!
Diane x

ForgedinPaper said...

Love the page and the recovery, it looks like it was always planned that way. The kids work is great as usual. Must be having a daft half hour as I was sure I commented last night but I was fighting with embossing powders and my own comedy of errors.

Kaz said...

I love it Dyan! It's very you actually I think. I did a page upside down the other day, but as it was only my 3rd page I'd done I didn't get grumpy!!
Love what the kids have been doing, they are really talented xx

olive said...

clever girl... no wonder we come to you for inspiration. love the kids art work, talented or what. Ciao xx

Jude said...

p.s. Have you read Virginia's poem yet on her blog?!? xx

Jude said...

Love the work the kids have done, really impressive and the tag with the vines is so good! As for your reverse-a-page...wouldn't have known if you hadn't pointed it out! Feel better that the 1st page in my lovely new Moleskin is upside down too - keep humming a certain Paloma Faith song everytime I look at it!! xx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott