Saturday, September 17, 2011

QVC, sneeky peeks and vintage dressing.

So 5.30 on Tues morning, I dragged my butt out of bed and set off on the journey to QVC towers. Three trains and a tube later and I was there.


Quick re polish on the old nails, then I met up with the lovely Jayne from the distributors. As you can see we are hard at it...just after we have a cuppa tea, lunch and then oh go on then another cuppa tea.!!!


 This is what you are faced with when filming, if you are lucky!! At the evening show, all but one of the cameras were remote operated.

We where allocated the kitchen area as a studio, which is fabulous for workspace but a bit higgledy piggeldy in surface height.


Almost ready to go.....

I was with the lovely Dale, for the show, and it just seemed to whizz by. We were cut a little short which was a shame, but they have their reasons.

The rest of the day was spent prepping , and making more samples for the evening show. A quick trip to the hotel for a shower and change of outfit and I was all set to go again.

My host for the evening was the lovely Jill Franks, who I have to say is the tiniest woman ever. I think my left thigh was bigger than her waist


We had a very busy show with quite a few sell outs, which was fabulous. Thank you to every one who watched and supported us. Hopefully we will be back with another full hour in November. If you haven't already done so you can go and leave a comment on QVC's craft blog HERE or HERE. All feedback, whether good or bad is really useful, so do feel free.

By the way, thank you for all the comments on my glamorous look. What you couldn't see was my feet, which were sporting my ever favourite trusty Dr Martens.

After getting back to the hotel, checking in with all loved ones and leaving feed back with Ranger, I needed fuel before I completely collapsed, so ordered a burger from room service. Blimey O'Reilly, it was humongous, and the chips were out of this world....

I love room service in a good hotel, if only for the condiments..

I arrived home on the Wednesday teatime just in time to teach my kids class. And to open an envelope left on my desk, containing a lovely handmade card.

A while back I gave the lovely Anne, Staff |Nurse at The Pines nursing home in Harrogate, a load of Blonde Moments papers to use with the residents in their art sessions. The card above was a thank you card for me and was designed and put together, very proudly, by the lovely Mary Barron.

Thank you Mary, it is a beautiful card, and you are so, so welcome. xx

Yesterday I was on a much needed day off, and after hotfooting it over to Leeds to watch the National Construction Industry, Skill build finals....don't ask, but I saw some great craftsmanship, we seemed to find ourselves in the centre of Leeds shopping.!!! Well it would have been rude not to pick up a few things and support local industry, wouldn't it.??? I got some reet purchases which I will share with you tomorrow...think fur, think leopardskin, think vintage...

Thought I would show you what I wore. I haven't had a lot of time lately to resurrect shoe watch or daily outfit, but methinks I must start to make it a priority again.





 I wore

 a Day of the Dead bandana....handmade
red spotty blouse...thrifted
black spotty skirt...thrifted
black vintage cardi...thrifted
black leggings...Matalan
vintage leopard skin pumps...thrifted.

Love it..

Now for some sneaky peeks of the Winter workshops... For a more in depth look of each you can go HERE and click on each picture.


















I am sure you will agree there is something for everyone there..

I will leave you with a journal page I made whilst playing with the Distress stains and Claudines stamps. Hopefully I will be able to show you a step by step of this technique on Monday.




Enjoy xx

9 comments:

Sid said...

Great stuff Dyan, QVC was better for having you as it's guest too ! Look forward to seeing you in future. The art is great loving all your imagery !

Unknown said...

DYAN you always amaze me...bravo such energy...and i always love your work..
ps..I also want to still scrap when I am over 80!!

Martha Richardson said...

Thank you for sharing...I feel like I'm right there with you...youtruly have a gift for expression ;)

cardmaking bird said...

It's fabulous to see you on QVC - great to have someone who's a true crafter!! I always love your outfits too - am gutted those leopard pumps are vintage and I can't get myself a pair! As I've got older, I'm turning more and more into Bet Lynch, I do love a bit of leopard LOL!! Hugs, Marie xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

You were brilliant!! You convinced me even more that I NEED to attend at least one of your workshops asap. I hope you'll be on again very soon.

Kaz Hall said...

Corrrrr Mary totally rocks!! Bless her xx Gorgeous piccie xx

OK I need to go thrift shopping with you wow you look fab, but you always do, you are the queen of vintage style!!
love

kazxx

Diana said...

fantastic sneaks!!! lucky those who get to take your classes

Angie said...

What a fantastic blog post ...loved the 50's look ...and your pages are awsome

Angela Weimer said...

Dyan, Oh i so wish i could have caught the show. Seeing the pictures it all looks so familiar now since I had the backstage tour there with Marion. It is amazing how it all comes together. I remember that kitchen too. LOL, Some great classes coming up. Wish I could be there. Hoping to catch the next QVC show on the web.love the outfit! Have a wonderful day. Angela

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott