Wednesday, February 23, 2011

news from the sick bed.....

Yup I have the lurgy...obviously nowhere near as bad as the dreaded man flu...but enough to send me to my bed. Under great sufferance of course.!!! but I know its for my own good so am behaving myself, lol.

Here's the rest of the photos from Stitches.

We started off Saturday with the first of our Retailer workshops. We even had Mario crafting at one point and here's the piccies to prove it.


Everyone hard at work on their canvas's.


                                         


The lovely Jayne from Personal Impressions joining in the fun.

I taught the second canvas







Tim taught Canvas 1 & 3. Here's all 3 of them together.


We even made Alain join in.


He's quite good really, he even made fancy patterns with the tiny attacher...!!!








We taught over 120 retailers and had a fabby time. It was lovely meeting you all.

We then whizzed round to the stand to help them set up.



Well they set up and I did my usual.....Art Journaled....lol...


Sunday was the first day of the show, and we set off on out marathon demoing sessions.


Tim and I had a lot of swapping stations around, and every time he came onto mine I had sprayed everything with Colourwash, and I mean EVERYTHING, LOl







Right at the end here is the wonderfully giddy Karen, from Kazzelcrafts, on a first time visit. Ahhh remember the days..???




And my biggest achievement of the weekend was converting the lovely Kelvin . He was a disbeliever of the highest order, dragged around the trade show by his wife Sarah under much sufferance. He didn't seem to understand all this messy, painty, inky malarky till he landed in front of my lair ( oops sorry , demo stand). Well, I started to demo and explain, and he started to splutter out his objections, when all of a sudden the light went on in his eyes and BINGO !!!! he was hooked. He understood and quizzed me on everything to do with journaling. Yayy, love it when that happens.

They only live 40 Min's away from me so hoping to see him on a class shortly. You hear that Kelvin..????

Monday was sad goodbyes, as the lads headed off up to QVC for the TSV. Did you get yours??

Here's some behind the scenes for you...








 Here's the little beauty. Hope you got yours, as it was limited edition and exclusive to QVC UK...!!!


As you well know, the boys all blame me for any tomfoolery and mucking around. So whats their excuse here then, seen as I was over 200 miles away.??




Ben and I came home on the train, which was soooo relaxing. I journaled all the way as usual!! and yesterday was straight back into it, teaching kiddies all day and tackling the mountains of paperwork we had managed to accumulate.. No rest for the wicked.

But today I have gracefully admitted  defeat. I had to nip into town on the way home for some things for the weekends Ranger 3 workshop and just sort of fell into W H Smiths, by accident, of course.!!! And there just happened to be all the new additions of the high end glossies I use in my work. And they just happened to , sort of, follow me home and are now residing on my bed, next to me, ready for perusal and cutting out. Well if I'm going to behave I have to have something to do , don't I.??

Enjoy xx

25 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

Oh poor you Dyan! Sending big hugs and hope you feel better very soon. Im all giddy again for the lovely mention thank you xx Love looking at your pictures too I got one of you on FB so pop and have a look, off to artsycrafts so will be back with a tale to tell. Big hugs

kazxx

Kirsti said...

\Oh dear...hope you feel better soon...looks like a great time was had by all...managed to catch a couple of the QVCs yesterday and have SKY+ a couple others!!!

Take care

Kirsti xxx

olive said...

hope you feel better soon chuck!! the piccy's are great, love the behind the scenes. Hugs xx

Steven said...

Rest!! and get better! Learn to be kind to yourself

Handmade Hannah said...

Hope you feel better soon Dyan. I enjoyed Tim's shows on QVC but the website was jammed and I couldn't place an order! I got my Holtz-fix elsewhere though so not too disappointed!

gayle said...

Aw, feel better soon Dyan! Can't feel too sorry for you with such a fabby week you've had though LOL

flutterbycrafter said...

Awe hon, you looked really ill yesterday, although you were still smiling and made us feel very welcome, thanks. These pics looks fantastic, but you must have all worked really hard. Here's the link that I mentioned
http://dinkys-world.blogspot.com/

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Hey hun, Im with you on the lurgy front YUCK !!!! hope were both feeling better for the weekend, sooooo excited for the ranger mini U now woohoo i think jay is secretly mega jealous hehehehehe see you on friday darling xxxx

Girlsinthecraft said...

Oh, what a wonderful journey that was---thanks for posting it for us all to share in!

patcrafts said...

Well didn't think you looked too good yesterday (healthwise)so I am pleased to see you are doing as you are told,is that a first. Take care and hope you feel better soon.
BTW lovely pics.
Pat xx not too close mindst you I don't want to catch it. X

Diana said...

poor you!!!!! but i love the chuckle.. the dreaded man flu!!!! LOL. hope you are feeling much better soon

Unknown said...

Get well soon Dyan! I was at the workshop today with Sandy and loved it. Not been to your studio for a workshop since 2007 and wish I could make it over more often, you and your work are an absolute inspiration to me. Hope your feeling better soon!
Jane

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Get well soon Dyan, was good to see you :)))Great class loved being taught :))
xx
P.S. glad it was the back of my head ..hate my photo being taken lol

Jude said...

Evidently, the mischief rubs off on them...!?! Feel better soon lovely, and enjoy them glossies!! Some rest and a wee bit of art therapy - just what the doctor ordered. See you real soon!! xx

maggie warke said...

Phew, no wonder you are in your sick bed! Hope you feel better soon. Had my order the other day and am loving your new paints! they look so yummy and easy to put on paper. Really must try and get another weekend at AFTH life is so hetic I never seem to make the dates hey ho will keep looking! Rest
Maggie Warkex

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Dyan, both you and Kelvin have the lurgy. All those people sneezing on us!?! We did pop over to the studio on Tuesday but missed you. We bought a ton of your own colour washes and he's made a start...purple all over the work surface, the phone, the food and his hands too! LOL

Denise said...

I think you deserve a well earned rest,I can't believe that week has gone by already since the class last Thursday - wish you better soon.

Siobhan Brignull said...

wow that is a mammoth post, you have had a very busy couple of weeks so no surprise the body said "enuff already". Wishing you better Im meeting Tim tomorrow, whopp whoop :)

Kirsten Alicia said...

Thanks for sharing all the fab pics. You take care of yourself, I hope you feel better very soon. Hugs. PS I did get the TSV yesterday - yaay!

Angela Weimer said...

I was wondering what happened to you today. You did not seem like yourself at all. Feel better adn get some rest. The class today was fab! Belle and I had a wonderful time. Thanks Angela

boo said...

Hi Dyan,

I'm so sorry to hear you are poorly. I hope you get better soon.
It was wonderful to meet you at the weekend. You are such a talented artist and designer and have inspired me to start art journaling. I'm just on the lookout for a suitable book but I'm sure I won't find anything as good as your church accounts book!
I hope we meet again soon - if you are ever in Scotland please get in touch. The pics will be in the epost tomorrow, oh that cocoa bean has a lot to answer for. LOL


Moira

Olive said...

Rest up Dyan, you've had an exciting and busy schedule. Now take some time for you.

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Oo err, you have a picture of the back of me standing at the PI stand watching you. Does my bum look big in that purple dress? lol. I was supposed to be leaving for the Paper Artsy workshop in my stripey tights today, but the car went t**s up yesterday. I'm sure you could hear me screaming last night, it was mega loud. Love your journal, so vibrant and so you.

Tammy Tutterow said...

Ok, so first you show us photos of Mario wearing long pants and then you show us one of him crafting. . . are you sure he wasn't an impostor?

Mandy Chilvers said...

wow you busy busy lady! i see a couple of gals there from Derby!

keep up the great work

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott