Wednesday, September 16, 2009

so honoured..

Err what happened to this week, where did it go..???

Arrived into the studio on Tues to this. What had happened, had we been burgled, was there an earthquake..??? No it was how we had left it Friday morning dashing to the show...!!!


And this is Ben,s least favourite job, putting all the shop back together and amending stock levels on the website.But someone has to do it.




I don't think people realise the effort that goes into shows. Its 2 - 3 days packing it all up to go, 6 - 8 hrs setting up, 2 days non stop at the show, repacking for the van then 2 - 3 days restocking the shop..!!! I do love the shows, but they are extremely hard work and I am so glad I took the decision to stop attending most of them, lol.
I know lots of you are wanting me to attend Ally Pally, but I wont be, sorry. I will be teaching my Ranger weekend at the Studio, but don't worry, the new Blonde Moments range will be there, on the Samuel Taylor stand. All the new Christmas papers, pads and stamps. But be warned there was a stampede and we didn't have a lot left on the Sunday, lol.
So to cut a long story short I have been absolutely bloody knackered all week. It is the run up to preview, which of course is all totally prepared ( what a crock of Sh*t..!!! ). I also had deadlines for magazine articles as well as teaching..
Anyway big apologies for not showing this earlier. This is the altered book that the lovely Pat made for me all about me an Aer from the Heart. I have also been really bad because I haven't thanked her properly for it. Every time I have tried to email her I have become all emotional and unable to find the words to express how I feel. I do hope she understands and I will see her in person on Sunday at Art Journals, so I can blubber and snot all over her then.
In the meantime how jealous are you all..??











Gorgeous isn't it...??? I adore it and will really treasure it. I am going to keep it at the studio for a while so you can all see and admire it in person. Thanks Pat I am really honoured xx
Don't forget it is preview day on Sat from 11am. This is your chance to see all the Winter projects at first hand and be amongst the first to book. We have had a few sell outs at the last few previews so be warned. Any classes booked and paid for on the day will receive a 10% discount. There is no obligation to book, just pop along and enjoy a cuppa and a biccy and maybe have a little sideways shuffle to some Northern with me and The Goddess..!!
Enjoy xx

15 comments:

Virginia said...

The book is divine - I've only attempted a truly altered book once and it didn't turn out as I wanted but I'm inspired to give it another go! Just trying to convince other half of the need to come and visit your preview day - and that his navigational skills might be needed as we were half way to Scotch Corner last weekend before we decided we'd gone too far LMAO - may call today to ask for some proper directs!

Hope Friday isn't too hectic but with preview weekend due I can't see that happening - can you!

SueC said...

How fabulous is that - lucky you Dyan and just brill Pat,just plain brill!!
Sue x

ForgedinPaper said...

That book is fab especially the little drawers. What a fab present.

Lyn said...

Wow what a fab pressie - something to treasure ! Great seeing you at the weekend hunny - stay in touch !!
Lyn xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Ah, I wondered where you were! Lovely book - well done Pat, it's a beauty :-)
Byee for now

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Such a stunning book, you must be so honoured to receive such a beautiful and thoughtful gift.

Looking at the after carnage from the show, you must be cream cracked !!!! put your feet up and have a nice cuppa xxx

Sharon said...

The book from Pat is beautiful! So very thoughtful of her too.

Hope you get caught up on your sleep this week Dyan.

x

Kaz said...

That book is amazing, so much work in it. Well done Pat.

Hopefully you'll get to put your feet up next week. Is that a pig I spy?! I don't know how you manage it, but am glad for you that you can xx

Marion said...

Lucky you! Pat's book is fabulous. Would love to see it in real life but, until such time as AFTH moves considerably further south I shall have to be content with the broadband version.

Don't worry about the bits and pieces around the studio. If my craft room was that tidy I would be delighted. Or dead.

Enjoy the weekend.
Marion

patcrafts said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments about my book, I can assure you all it looks much better on Dyan's blog than in real life. I just hope Dyan doesn't blub all over me on Sunday as it will set me off too and Dyan you promised there would be no crying at Art Journals this week so there!
love Pat x

Sandra Hall said...

How absolutley gorgeous is that book! And you are right Dyan - you are honoured to have someone put in so much time and work to produce this gorgoeous piece for you - a high accolade indeed!
Great stuff Pat!

Unknown said...

What a fabby book and glad to see bigger piccies of it.

Thought you had turned over a new leaf when I started to read todays post but had to laugh when I saw that you had been dreaming!!!LMAO (you need to copyright that saying! LOL)

Can't wait til next weekend. Hugs to you from the beginning of the week, it is crap when you feel like that.

Emma xx

Michelle said...

Hi Dyan,
What a fabulous book.
You totally deserve it , but I just don't know how Pat could part with it.
It was great to see it close up.
Don't you feel proud that you inspire so many people and change lives. :-)
Hugs,
Michelle xx

flutterbycrafter said...

What a fantastic present, Pat must have worked really hard on it, but I know she loved doing it for you. She's very creative, but doesn't believe in herself very much. xx

Siobhan Brignull said...

wow that is amazing Pat, how lucky you are Dyan, but also well deserved. When you say no to Ally Pally thats Sept'09, what about April'10. Ill be there what more incentive do you want, I'll buy you a sausage sandwich for brekky, I'll help unpack and try not to stroke and dribble too much, LOL

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott