Monday, July 19, 2010

step by step by step by step by step.....



Here we go again. Another, painty, inky, stampy, sticky, doodly Art Journal page, and as promised here it is in step by step's. This is in my large Moleskine notebook, and the double spread is approx 11 x 17 in..

First I glued an old journal page to the left hand side. Yes it is meant to be stuck on upside down.!! well thats my story and  I,m sticking to it..!!!


I then babywiped Butterscotch Adirondack dabber over the pages.


I laid a Crafters workshop template over one corner and sprayed through with Altered Originals spray ink in Granite.


Removed the template and blotted with kitchen towel


I flipped the template over and pressewd the negative image onto another journal page.


I then sprayed the Granite ink through a negative piece of Grunge board


And blotted with kitchen paper.


I mixed Granite ink, Blonde Moments sugar lilac pearl pigment and water into our mister and shook straight away to allow the pearls to emulsify in. I then sprayed quite heavy blobs and tipped the book up to let it run.


As it dries you can see the lilac pearl shimmering away. Fabby contrasts


I then applied my usual, never quite matching the underneath, style of doodling with a black pen.




Then adding surface gesso. First adding rings with a plastic pot.


and then the Dyan wiggle with a splodger.


When the gesso had dried, I slightly oversprayed it with the pearly ink solution.


All the image were from my download sheets, and I turned them into black and white before printing. After cutting them all out I started arranging them on the page.


I stamped the Stampotique girls head onto white card with black Archival ink.


When happy with all the elements I stuck everything down with Claudine Hellmuth multi medium.


Looking good so far.!!!


Nothing is finished in my world till its " framed ",, so a doodled border was called for.


This is my favourite little stamp of Tim's.


You always need a crow with a pointy hat, it's the law..!!!


and a quote...this one came from the magazine I was flicking through.


So there we are...left page


right page...


And a partridge in a pear tree...well nearly, lmao...

Soooooooo, what are you waiting for, grab your inks, pri nt your downloads, forget the housework and come linger in my little world..!!! You never know the voices might like you.., lmao

Enjoy xx

23 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

Fabulous. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

Kirsti said...

Oooh me likey very muchy!!!!

thekathrynwheel said...

Oooooh, great pages :-) The Ranger Butterscotch colour is so disgusting it's lovely if you see what I mean! Love the doodling on the stencils.

Darcy Marshall said...

*sigh* can I please come and play in your head.

Helen said...

I love this so much..

Kaz said...

Fab pages, thanks for the step by steps xxx

Sandra Hall said...

I'm sorry Darcy - there isn't enough room for me and thee in there plus whatever Dy has going on...! x x

olive said...

I hear voices all the time!!! love the pages Dy, especially choice of colours.. must twist other halfs arm for the rest of your downloads..... Ciao

Angie said...

Wow ...thanks for sharing your inspiration and your lesson ...I can feel my mojo stiring deep inside ...just got to get it back to the surface xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, Dyan. These pages are fantastic. Thanks for the step by step tutorial - have my book, my downloads and my sprays - just got to work up the courage to start! Received my gorgeous "Alice" papers on Saturday. Thank you. S xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fantastic pages Dyan, thanks for the step by step ;-)
I don't think there's room for anyone to play in Dyan's head LOL
Anne xx

Emma said...

wow, great page i love it :) em x

Anonymous said...

Really inspiring, thanks Dyan.

Rosie said...

It's brilliant to see a step by step tutorial like this, it really helps to understand the process. Thank you SO much!

brigitte said...

thanks for taking the time to show your step by step. love the page and that shade of yellow.

Siobhan Brignull said...

lovely work so inspiring :)

Lully's World said...

Wow! this is amazing! Thank you for sharing how this great work of art is done... I love it! I will come back more often to read your posts!
:))

Anonymous said...

Love the step by step - thanks!

Tracie H said...

Amazing - totally Amazing

Stampersue said...

Wow I love the colour scheme and the fantastic doodling.

Dy your work really gets me to think outside my comfort zone. Thanks for the inspiration. StamperSue x

Traceyr said...

I love this blog post - so informative and I love the finished results. :)

Sharon said...

Oh wow this page is fantastic!

Gill Edwards said...

i could watch your tutorials all day, love it.

Gill x

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott