Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Expanding my library, somewhat !!!

Well I,m still not right, spent most of the day in bed, again. Missed a really good friends wedding, but just didn't have the energy to go. I don't know whats the matter with me but I,m real pissed with it now!! I am supposed to bw whizzing through my backlog of work, kits, mag articles etc and so far I,ve achieved Jack shit.!! Ah well, tomorrow is another day as they say.



Managed to drag my sorry butt in for the kids class, where they are cracking on with the sledges.

And also managed to keep it together for the Tues night tag class. This was tonights offering. We used sprays made from Dye inks and Blonde Moments pearl powders. You all know I love these cos the effect is sooooo stunning. Plus a combination of stamps from Tim Holtz and Blonde Moments.



Things that are rocking my world at the moment.....
1. The lovely Kenny....who has bravely wandered into blog territory and left a comment on the previous post. He is talking a complete load of bo***cks mind but needs to be congratulated on his courage.!!
2. Horlicks with unsweetened Soya milk.
3. Fingerless Fagin gloves from Matalan, £3.oo

4. Deep grey nail polish. This one is Berkeley Square from Nails Inc.

5. These gorgeous new stickers from 7gypsies. They are not going to hang around for long are they..??

6. Also from the gypsy wagon are their latest double sided Venice papers. Matching items will be arriving at the end of November. ( got a project in mind already, lol.)

7. New books by my 3 favourite authors. I have every single one of each of their books, mainly in hardback, and I have read them over sooooo many times. How weird they all come out at the same time..??
Marion Keyes writes about tough subjects with such hilarity, that her books are unmissable. I cant remember when she last had a novel out, it must be a least a couple of years, so this has been eagerly awaited.
Another guaranteed corker from Jodi Picoult. The first book of hers that I read just instantly reeled me in, and I have been a massive fan ever since. The only one I have struggled with was the very first one she ever wrote, Song of the Humpback Whale. This book is also a repint from her earlier days so not sure what to expect. She has another novel coming out in 2010.

She takes really tricky moral dilemmas and presents all sides of the situation.She has my mind spinning with whats right and whats wrong. And for someone with a mind that only sees black and white and really struggles with the concept of grey, her storytelling is fabulous and her research impeccable.

And my favourite of favourites, the one and only, Mistress of The Underworld, Martina Cole.

If you want hard hitting, uncompromising, gritty dialogue shocking violence and a gritty dialogue, then shes your girl. If you want romantic, happy ever after, then shes not, lmao.
8. Ken Stott in The Messiah. Our Ben has just taken deliver of 1 - 4 of the series. That should keep me quiet over night.


I will leave you with more journal pages.


Copyright Dyan Reaveley. You may NOT copy, download or use these images in any way without my permission.
Copyright Dyan Reaveley. You may NOT copy, download or use these images in any way without my permission.
Copyright Dyan Reaveley. You may NOT copy, download or use these images in any way without my permission.
Copyright Dyan Reaveley. You may NOT copy, download or use these images in any way without my permission.
Copyright Dyan Reaveley. You may NOT copy, download or use these images in any way without my permission.

Copyright Dyan Reaveley. You may NOT copy, download or use these images in any way without my permission.
Copyright Dyan Reaveley. You may NOT copy, download or use these images in any way without my permission.
Enjoy xx

5 comments:

Kirsti said...

These pages are fantastic Dyan... I just can't seem to get it together with mine.. get the backgrounds done and that's it I'm stuck (apart from the inside page about making the journal my own).. oh well maybe in a few weeks once all the christmas shopping events are over I will have more time to concentrate on them..lol.. Love them... Shame you had to miss the wedding... I once had to do that as well and it is really not a good feeling...

Sandra Hall said...

Sending my love and a big hug 'cos you're under the weather x x Looks like you've got some reading to do, hope it helps you relax!
Loving the journal pages Dy, they're fabulous, always inspirational.
x x

Kaz said...

HOpe you start to feel better soon, but take it easy.
Loving the walmart link from before!!
You could do with one of the brush thingy's to put over your photos on here, then it'd be permanently there to avoid people copying the photos xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

fab pages darling, hope your feeling better soon xxxx

Siobhan Brignull said...

hi Dyan Hope you are feeling a wee bit better today, got my package from you yesterday and was so impressed I dedicated a blog post to it, LOL, that little girls face looks so cute even though most of it is covered up, noticed new copyright thing have peops been taking your work, grrrr if they have!!! :)

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott