Sunday, December 13, 2009

Journal Love


Luvvly jubbly day, today at Art Journaling. I love it and the people there, it is so relaxing. The lovely Olive baked a cake as usual, this time it was chocolate orange with extra thick cream, and Kate brought after dinner treats, so it was a bit of a choc fest..!!!

This is the lovely Olive.




Olive brought me a beautiful gift, it is a journal, called The Poets Notebook. Each page has a quote or prompt on it and I cant wait to start. I now have 11 journals on the go, lol. Thanks babe. xxx Nip over to her blog, she is quite new to Art from the Heart, but it feels like she's been with us forever.







Bezzie Su brought along some Christmas cards she has been making, I just love them.




She covered the card in Distress ink, spritzed a stamp with pearly solution and stamped onto the card leaving a gorgeously subtle effect. She then shrank my house downloads and popped them on with a star. How cool
is that ..???




Today in class we started on our round robin journals. I gave everyone an A5 book and their mission was to decorate the covers, create a sign in page, and do a double spread about themselves. We had a great time doing them, and I loved what they have done sofar. Biggest surprise of the day was newcomer Pat, who created stunning pages, despite having no previous experience.

Heres my double spread. I just need to find a picture of my boat race and its done.










I did the front and back covers of it with my  ephemera downloads and the white souffle pen.






They are all bringing them back in January, ready for the swap to begin. Can't wait...Still havent got my Round the World one back, 14 months later. I have an awful feeling that its got lost...

Just like to point out that the gorgeous tea tonight of Cajun Beef and noodles was cooked by the one and only, yours truly. Yes you heard that correctly. I ventured into the kitchen and cooked. Well it is nearly Christmas, lmao...

Enjoy xx

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Dyan your art journal afternoon looks awesome!!!!!! Loving..... well pretty much everything really! Bezzy Sue's cards are fabulous!!!!

My little sis has been up this afternoon, completely bewildered! Christmas is throwing her somewhat but she's got plans for 2010 and she's embracing the changes that she knows face her! Hugs hope you are well!

thekathrynwheel said...

And a good day was had by all :-)))

Siobhan Brignull said...

looks good Dyan, Love the image youve used, just awaiting your boat race as you say, you really shouldn't have cut my face off though....LOL
just another thing cant seem to download my latest purchases from you, am i being thick!!!!

olive said...

you are truly welcome. as always had a fabby dabby day.... meeting new friends and renewing old ones.... have a great week lovely lady. No Lee didnt say too much 'bout my purchases!!!! Ciao

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott