Friday, April 24, 2015

Guest artist on the Documented Life Project

I love the girls at art to the 5th and was really stoked when they chose my Dylusions journal as their chosen book to work in this year. And I was only too happy to do a spot as guest artist.

Of course me being me, forgot it would be right in the middle of a tour, so here I am last minute trying to upload and blog the project.

I imagine the poor girlies are having kittens as to wether I will make the deadline or not. at this time they will all be tucked up in their beds so this will be a nice surprise for them when they wake lol.

The theme for April is exploring inks and paints!!! What better subject could there be for me ?

The prompt for this challenge is "before the ink is dry"

Perfect

Heres a quick run-through of what I came up with




Start by spritzing your journal page with water



Unscrew the lid of the Dylusion inks and using the straw as a pen, draw circles onto the wet page.



Spritz water directly onto the ink causing it to wick out.




Add more circles in different colours, each time spritzing from above. I used three, Tangerine Dream, Bubblegum Pink and Cherry Pie.



When you have finished adding colours blot up the excess with another journal page.



Place a large stencil onto the page and spritz over with water. This reactivates the ink.



Remove the stencil and blot with kitchen roll to remove the reactivated ink.



Take the coordinating colours of Dylusions paint and apply through stencils with a mini blending tool.







Take a Dylusions silhouette stencil and place the mask part onto the page. Apply black paint over and around the mask.



Take the large heart mask and repeat the process, continue until the page is covered.



Outline all the shapes with a black and then a white pen.



Add a frame around the edges using the Dylusions journal block.




Place a large stencil over the page and outline with the white pen




Doodle in some of the shapes



Use the journal block to create lines in the heart shapes and write in a quote.



Voila !!



To see what the girls did with this challenge go to their blog HERE.

All products used are available HERE

28 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow this is inspiring! Thanks for the pic tutorial!

Brat said...

Gorgeous!!!! I have to get my hands on your masks!! I do have your paints....*sigh*...they are my favorite!!!!

Ursula said...

I love it . . . and I'm sure they will too :)

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab!

Helen said...

Fantastic page, I just love the way the black makes the colours - which are already gorgeous - pop so vividly.

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Yummy color. I just got my paints and cracked them open this evening. I know the gals will love you pages as much as I do.

Diana said...

i can't wait to do this later on today!!! I love love love it....thanks for the inspiration!!!
do you have to wait the 24 hours for to use the posca pen as well ...

Lorraine Bell said...

Thank you again Dyan for being our featured artist this week - you are a stellar artist, an inspiration to us all, and have the most generous spirit! Love you!

Sandi Keene said...

Nobody can create with your inks better than you do! WOW! What a wonderfully inspiring tutorial! Thank you so much for being our Featured Artist this week, Dyan. We have been so looking forward to your visit. We appreciate you participating even though you had to squeeze it in on your tour! And maybe there were a couple of kittens had - LOL! Totally worth it! xoxo

MB Shaw said...

You rock! Love the pages you made and that blending cool looks like something I need to get my hands on......

www.raemissigman.com said...

You are amazing ! We are lucky to have you join us! I love your layering techniques and never fail to be amazed at your colorful final results! Thank you for sharing some cool new techniques! And thank you for taking time out of your tour to join us and share!

Mary W said...

Hyperactively commenting while still enjoying the fun journal page with so many techniques used. Great way to play and get lost for awhile. Thanks Dyan!

jackib said...

So happy you took time out of your super busy schedule to share your heART with us!!! Lucky me - I have all the items you used except your new paints which I have yet to get my hands on. ��

www.raemissigman.com said...

I am so thrilled you joined us and love your colorful art journal spread! I never fail to be amazed at the final outcome! Thank your for taking time out of your tour to join us and share such inspirational techniques! And of course your sense of humor is always a treat! Hugs!

Salomé said...

It's a great tutorial, thanks a lot! I received your paints some days ago and it will be a good way to test them better. I think I'm going to follow this tutorial soon...

How's your cat doing? You haven't given news...

Sabrina K. said...

Fantastic! Thanks for being a guest artist on DLP! Your step-by-step is so helpful.

Kathy said...

Whoa, did you just TOTALLY rock this challenge! Love the techniques, the colors, the stencil work, and your lettering and quotes. Guess I love it all!!! Now off to find that silhoutte stencil, which I sorely need!!!

Caroline D. said...

Fab page Dyan!! I was happy to see your FB post about being the guest artist on DLP today. I'm enjoying DLP and look forward to each Saturday, but I had to run out on an errand this morning and didnt have a chance to check out the DLP for this week yet. Thanks for all the how-to photos!

Bearcrazyman said...

Amazing as always

Bearcrazyman said...

Amazing as always

Roben-Marie said...

That was so much fun! We appreciate so much you joining us as a guest artist for DLP and are thrilled with your take on the challenge! I love it! Thanks again for your continued support!

Unknown said...

You amazing! !! Love the page..totally inspired, thank you!

Unknown said...

So totally cool Dyan! TFS the photos! Can't way to give this a try!

Dylan said...

yayyy thanks everyone, love working with these girls they are so frikkin talented and so giving. Art to the 5th i salute you xx

peggy gatto said...

Divine!!!

Unknown said...

Wow - it seems like such an amazing honor to me that you are actually here creating a wonderful project as a guest designer Dyan. Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for taking the time to do this. Your page is INCREDIBLE. Just Wonderful... but of course, it would be - because you are such an incredibly creative gal. Love everything about this. Love you. j.

by belle said...

Dyan! This is a great page! I adore the layers and all of the outlining!!

creativelenna said...

That was wonderful, thank you for your step-by-steps! You used the inks in a way I had not before so I am looking forward to trying!!

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott