Tuesday, February 24, 2015

News from the retreat

The fabulous Dina Wakely and I have just finished teaching an art retreat in Sunny Florida, organised by the wonderful Michelle McCosh from Everything Scrapbook and Stamps, in Lake Worth.

You might not have heard much about it before the event because it sold out fully in nine days, lol.

The event was held at the Duncan Centre  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az8VPf_j_pY

and was perfect for what we wanted it for.

We started off on the Friday with all 60 women in one room experiencing the true back to back style off me and Dina teaching. 





The wonderful Michelle getting the proceedings going.














By the end of the day we had over half of the art journal all prepped and ready to go.

The next two days we split the groups into two to have more intensive classes.

My Saturday girls



And my Sunday girls


We worked, we laughed, we ate, we played, we snorted, we sang, we forged friendships, we BECAME !!!!

Love this picture right at the end when we were all dropping on our feet.


We even wore out the animals…


Michelle and her wonderfully assistant Nancy worked their socks off to make the retreat the success it was. They will need to lie down for a least a week to recover, and I hope you will all join me in saluting them for their hard work!!!

We are definitely planning on repeating this event again so keep your eyes peeled for any news, just remember not to be too slow or we may well sell out again. you snooze you loose, lol

Thurs night we escaped before the mayhem started to a fabulous restaurant right on the waters edge. The Old Key Lime House, where they serve fish to die for and the biggest pieces of key lime pie I have ever seen.






The weather in Florida was absolutely beautiful although I have never heard so many complaints when it dropped to 65!!! Softies…



I am now safely ensconced in my little cubby hole at Ranger Headquarters, looking out at a gorgeous view of snow!!!! Yup its freezing, lol.

Enjoy xx

20 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Looks like it was a super weekend. Looking forward to seeing you in Michigan at the weekend. Make sure you bring warm clothes - it's freezing here :)

kay(texfolkart) said...

Was a fabulous time!! Can't wait for the next one....

Greta said...

Michigan?? Where? Am I too late to see the fabulous Dy?!

texasbarb said...

I need to start saving my pennies!! I want...no...NEED...to get to the next one!!! Thanks for the pictures! Looks like it was a wonderful venue and everyone had a blast!!

Chris Nicholson said...

Greta - at Scrappy Chic in Livonia, MI. There are still some seats! 248-426-9020.

paula tracy williamson said...

Yeah! So excited for all day Sunday in Michigan!!

Helen said...

Looks like all the ladies had an absolutely fabulous time playing and learning. If ever you want to visit beautiful Sydney, Australia, I'll be fighting for a spot in your class!

nkjohnston said...

Michigan warning for warm clothes from me as well. Heck, we'd be happy for "freezing." It's the more than 30 degrees below freezing that's killing us. Can't wait for this weekend at Scrappy Chic!

craftyM said...

I see my Florida friends in your class photos! They said they loved it and went home with all your paints!!!! I am so jealous! Wish they were here! Marita

Miranda said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time...saw you met a new fella, bit skinny though LOL

Terry said...

Hey there Dyan, some fabulous pictures you posted, thank you for sharing you had a super duper weekend me thinks lol....just great Hugs Terry xxx

Tona said...

It looks like everybody was having a great time while creating.

Rea' said...

Looks like they all had fun ... love the photos I saw... I'm getting closer to my dylusions play !!!

Rea' said...

Okay my comment disappeared from view... don't know what I did ... (if you get a duplicate that's what happened) Looks like you all had fun ! Saw lots of cool Journal pages ... I'm getting closer to my Dylusions play !!! :)

Unknown said...

come to Wisconsin!!!! I'd love to take a class with you!!

Ursula said...

This would be a fantastic weekend of classes!!! No wonder everyone had such a fabulous time!!!

bkazoo said...

Michigan???? I'm dissolving in a puddle of tears as I had no idea. Off to sob some more

Greta said...

I'm in for a full day tomorrow in the Mitten! So excited to meet a hero!

Wheelie Crafty said...

Hi Dyan when you are journalling hunni, you always use a white sharpie, and in Australia I have searched and searched here to buy some and I am at a lose where I can buy some... Could you please give me some ideas where I would be able to buy them please hunni...

Hugs
Rhonda A...
Australia.

Unknown said...

Tix being sold that fast? That is telling you (begging you really) that it's a must to do another FL location! 🤗😁
Tampa / St. Pete area is an amazing place and we would love to have you! 🤗❤

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott