Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ooooh should I tell...????

I have been holding off on a little announcement for a while now, and I think now that I've crossed the I's and dotted the T's it is time to spill the beans....

See if you can guess from this clip...






Did you get it...???

Yup, thats right .. I am the new guest presenter on QVC.

I am joining them as their expert for the Ranger  and Tim Holtz hours.

How frikkin fantastic is that..???

Whole hours dedicated to all things Ranger and Tim Holtz...

I will only be presenting every couple of months due to my already mega workload, but you can be guaranteed that I will make the most of it for you. Don't panic and think that is the only time you will be able to see the Ranger products, they will still be included in regular hours as well.

QVC have given a bit of a shake up to their guest presenters, and I think it is fantastic. Their will be five of us

Amy Shaw
Marion Emberson
Kirsty Wiseman
Unfortunately I don't know the textile ladies name...oops
And little old me

all with our own special brand of knowledge and expertise. It really makes a difference when you know the presenters totally have their heart behind a product doesn't it.

My first shows will be on Sept 13th at 2pm and 10pm... I do hope you will come and join me.!!!

People often ask if Tim and I are really as friendly as we seem, and the answer is yes, I am sort of like a big sister that he can tease and make loads of fun at. We just spend most of our time together, whether it is shopping or working, just laughing all the time.
I thought I would share a photo of something precious to me that is hanging in my studio, and has been there for 6 yrs would you believe.



Ha ha how funny is that.??

Many moons ago we were all demoing at a big show and decided to have a little competition between us. You had to make a wooden door hanger for the person nominated to you. I was Tim's recipient... Everyone was getting extremely jealous, but I knew the reality...My hanger would be the worst as he would have to make it in the very few spare minutes between demoing and being mobbed by his adoring fans.

And I was right..!!!

The theme of the hanger is a very funny in joke between the pair of us, and still makes me laugh when I look at it. So much so, that in the Ranger family I am not usually referred to as Dyan, Dylan or even your Art journaling highness, which I feel is more befitting..!!! lmao  No...I am in fact referred to as Monkey.!! Yup you heard me correctly...Monkey.!!!! lol

and by the way, that brown wizended up object hanging from it is, or rather was, the original banana he tied in place in October 2005. How frikkin ace is that, that the original banana is still there. Despite the many attempts of people in my studio, being helpful and tidying it away to the bin, resulting in me rummaging through to retrieve it. And there it will stay, if only wind him up and set him off in giggles every time he visits..!!!

Thought I would show you some of my canvas boards I made at CHA.




And you really need to hop over to newest Dylusions DT member, Kaz's blog to see this creation. Fabulous piece of work.  You can see she completely fits in, lol


Enjoy xx

32 comments:

Juliwan said...

Congratulations another excuse to spend :o)

Gabrielle said...

Oodles of congratulations! Hope you enjoy being a movie star (well, nearly any way!)

Gillian .... said...

Fan-Frikkin-Tastic that's what I say. Way to go Dyan ... at last QVC that's all I can say. Can't wait to tune in! xx

Anonymous said...

Ooooo congrats on being one of the presenters on QVC. I've just weaned myself off watching it, this now means I've got to tune in again xx

Jaki Morris said...

Hi, that's great news to hear you will be on QVC along with Kirsty Marion Amy and the others!
Kirsty told people on FB to look at your post!
I'm just getting into Tim Holtz and still a bit unsure about it.
Glad the Bibster didn't take Tim and Ranger with her went she went to the other side.
Will watch with interest
Jaki

Jacquie Parry said...

OOOH thats so exciting you will be a breath of fresh air to QVC they have been stuck on the past for far too long!
I can't wait to see you on TV Dyan
x x x

Jacquie

Sarah Louise said...

Big fat woo hoo Dyan. Cant wait to hear your yorkshire twang again on QVC. Well done

Rainbow Lady said...

This is wonderful news for all of us Tim fans. BUT please make sure you don't get the Anna woman as presenter as she knows nothing about craft and the other day called a heat gun a hair dryer aaahhh. Good luck and well done xx

Artyjen said...

And about time too I say!
Congrats.....I missed you when you stopped doing the 7 Gypsies shows.
Have fun.
xoxo Sioux

Kaz Hall said...

Oooo after all the excitment I forgot to comment on your blog! Doh!! How very rude of me!!
I know you are gonna shake, rock n freakin roll QVC......I just cannot wait to see, watch, squeal can you tell Im just a teeny bit excited huge congrats hun

biggest snogs ever!
kazx

salamanda said...

Congratulations will def want to watch those hours

Unknown said...

wow Im ecstatic for you - how utterly brilliant and about time IMHO you were on our screens as the craft goddess we know you to be xx

Ann-Marie said...

Woooowww that's fab! Well done ! I can just hear myself now " my craft teacher - she's on tv you know" (said in my quaint Yorkshire accent) haha
Far too early to set up sky+ though -Doh!
Xxxxx

Tammy Tutterow said...

How super, super exciting! I wish we could watch it here, I know it will be an amazing watch!

Vic said...

Congrats! Wish we could have you on US QVC.

Artmadnana said...

Great news Dyan!! Great to know that QVC are looking for (and recognising) real talent in choosing new presenters and no frikkin stickers from at least one presenter - yay!!!! Chris

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

way to go! Congratualtions! You will rock QVC in more ways than one!
xx

Diane said...

Wowzers, Dyan! That's great news and I'll be doing my best to view!
Diane x

Kath Stewart said...

this is fab news dyan...the next best thing to The Lord of All Things Holtziness himself...can't wait...hugs kath xxx

Unknown said...

What fantastic news! It'll be nice to have a fresh face on QVC. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

What fantastic news! It'll be great to have a fresh face on QVC.Congratulations to you.

StampDancer said...

Dyan! That is freakin' awesome news! Hope I can catch when you're on!
Deb M

Tracy said...

Whoop whoop congratulations!!!!
Look forward to watching you Dylan and lol at the doorhanger story!!
Good luck.
oxoxo

SueC said...

Congratulations Dyan....and at long last no more lick 'n' stick and der-coop-arge on QVC.
Sue x

Handmade by Elaine said...

yey! congrats on ur new job it will be nice to see something new being brought to the table!!!;0)

cockney blonde said...

Humungus congratulations, x

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh, finally a reason to watch QVC! Can't wait, can't wait! How exciting :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Dy i might watch it more now. Sorry its belated but been away so missed the announcement xx

cathwren said...

I am so excited for you, and for me..!!!!! haha...

I have already set my VCR so as not to miss the show....

Cath in Kalamazoo

cathwren said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU, AND FOR YOUR ADMIRERS, ESPECIALLY ME, OF COURSE.

I'M SETTING MY VCR SO DO MISS IT. yOU HAVE JUST THE RIGHT PERSONALLITY TO MAKE IT A HIT SHOW.. GLAD RANGER RECOGNIZES YOUR TALENT AND CHARM.

CATH IN KALAMAZOO

YourValuedAssistant said...

How fantastic!! Used to be addicted to QVC craft but went off it a while ago and not watched QVC for months. Will definitely be tuning in again to watch you in action ... hopefully will also spur me on to get round to attending one of your demonstration weekends too :-) xx

YourValuedAssistant said...

Fantastic news!! I used to be addicted to QVC & QVC craft but stopped watching months ago. I'll definitely be tuning again to watch your shows. I can make do with them until I get my back side into gear and book onto one of your demonstration weekends. Very excited xx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott